Each person would like to have more hours a day. Maybe your life is full of different tasks that don’t give you even a minute of free time for yourself and your loved ones. It often happens that we are doing everything but not what we really enjoy doing. So how do we make room for the things that really have some meaning for us?
Making life easier is about getting rid of all the things that are unnecessary in order to make room for what is most important. You’ll be able to devote the time you gain by eliminating the "junk" to your family or your passion.
Firstly, you have to identify what is the most important for you in life and then get rid of the rest, which does not add value to it. Of course, this can’t be done in one day. I want you to achieve it step by step in order to get the best results.
Here is a list of things that will make your life easier. Do one thing at a time. You can choose one thing every day and only focus on it.
- On a small piece of paper make a list of 4-5 things that are the most important for you. What do you love most? What has the greatest value to you? Let this be the things that you have always wanted to spend your valuable time on. It’s best to start from this very point- these are the things for which you will make room in your life. If once the list is done and it appears that for everything you noted down you already have enough time , stop reading this article. If not, read on and see how your life can become easier.
- Think about the activities you currently spend the most time on. Find something that takes you much time, but doesn’t add much value to your life. This may be a habit of mooning around shops with no intention of buying anything or attending classes that make you really bored. It can also be meeting up with people who you don’t really care about. If you find anything like the above-mentioned ones, decide to give them up. You will feel great relief and gain much valuable time. It’s best to give up any thing that is unrelated to any of the points in your list (the point above).
- Give your day a makeover. Think carefully about what you do from the moment you wake up in the morning until you go to bed at night. Write out all the actions that have nothing to do with things which you really love doing. This can be watching TV, surfing the internet, or checking your email all the time. Whatever doesn’t fit into your list and appears to be unnecessary should be removed from your agenda. Once you have gotten rid of all these petty and unnecessary activities, you can save a substantial amount of time you'll be able to spend on things that you truly love. Remember, even short, ten-or fifteen-minute activities are of great importance here. When you eliminate some of these habits you will gain an hour or two for the things that are most important to you.
- Make a list of things that you have to do on that given day. The most important things that day should be at the very top of the list. Let the list be short and clear. Firstly, do the most important things and then proceed to the less important ones. Delete a task which is done. In this way you’ll stick to the activities that you really need to do and then you’ll finish your work faster.
- Do one thing at a time. This point will save a lot of time for you. When you undertake several tasks at the same time, it not only takes you more time, but it also decreases the quality of work. When you focus on one activity only, you are able to pay to it a lot more attention than if you juggle with different tasks. In this way, you’ll become more productive as well as you’ll get rid of stress and gain much valuable time.
- Learn to say “no”. It is very important because when we are not assertive and we agree on everything, we will undertake too many tasks. Such task usually don’t bring any value to our live but rather become extremely time consuming.
Fill the empty gaps with what you enjoy doing most. Let the things that are most important to you settle there. Spend some time with you family, read a favorite book, develop a passion or do your favorite sport, etc. Live your life the way you like most and enjoy it. Don’t let the "junk" take any of your valuable and unique time.
Let me know in the comments section how much time you managed to save!